KDaLe Home Brew Competition Winners on Tap!
The winners of the KDaLe Home Brew Competition will also be on tap, as brewed by Gravel Bottom Brewing, Railtown Brewing and Pike 51. More than 40 book-inspired entries were submitted to the competition. Taste all the entries was tough and thirsty work, but someone had to do it! The panel of judges included brewers, executive chefs and KDL staff. Quench your thirst with the winners at SuperPartyWonderDay!
Here are last year’s winners:
Lev’s Sustaining Rye
- Brewer: Patrick Lickiss (brewed for Super Party Wonder Day by Railtown)
- Beer: Rye IPA
- Book: Inspired by City of Thieves, by David Benioff
Harry Porter and the Goblet of French Toast
- Brewer: John Britt (brewed for Super Party Wonder Day by Pike 51)
- Beer: American Porter/American Stout
- Book: Inspired by Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by J.K. Rowling
Heart of Darkness
- Brewer: Craig Folger (brewed for Super Party Wonder Day by Gravel Bottom)
- Beer: Belgian Strong Ale
- Book: Inspired by Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
In addition to the home brew competition winners, enjoy beverages from:
Begin (or continue) Your KDaLe Quest
Fans of our KDaLe brewing program series now have a new mission: Earn an exclusive KDaLe T-shirt by completing the KDaLe Quest. Attend our brewery tours, programs, a tap takeover and more for the ultimate brewery experience.
Complete KDaLe Quest by collecting five stamps. Show your stamps at any KDL branch to receive your exclusive KDaLe T-shirt.
Want to chance to earn a mega prize? Earn 15 stamps and attend SuperPartyWonderDay on Sunday, Aug. 11, when we’ll do a drawing for mega prize winners.
The deadline to complete KDaLe Quest is Friday, December 28, 2019. Details and KDaLe Quest guides are at all KDL branches and at SuperPartyWonderDay.
The Quest is for ages 21 and over.
Visit our brewery partners and earn a stamp at each one.
- Atwater Brewery, 201 Michigan St NW, Grand Rapids
- Big Boiler Brewing, 318 E Main St, Lowell
- Brass Ring Brewing, 2404 Eastern Ave. SE, Grand Rapids
- Cedar Springs Brewing Co., 95 N Main, Cedar Springs
- Creston Brewery, 1504 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids
- DeHop’s Brewing Company and Café, 363 Cummings Ave NW, Walker
- East West Brewing Company, 1400 Lake Dr SE, Grand Rapids
- EB Coffee and Pub, 8980 N Rodgers Ct SE, Caledonia
- Elk Brewing, 700 Wealthy Street SE, Grand Rapids and 400 Dodge Street, Comstock Park
- Founders Brewing, 235 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids
- Gravel Bottom Craft Brewery and Supply, 418 Ada Dr SE, Ada
- Jaden James Brewing, 4665 Broadmoor Ave SE #135, Grand Rapids
- New Union Brewing, 400 W Main St, Lowell
- Osgood Brewing, 4051 Chicago Dr SW, Grandville
- Perrin Brewing Co., 5910 Comstock Park Dr NW, Comstock Park
- Pike 51 Brewery, 3768 Chicago Dr, Hudsonville
- Railtown Brewing Co., 3555 68th St SE, Caledonia
- Rockford Brewing Co., 12 E Bridge St NE, Rockford
- Schmohz Brewing Co., 2600 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids
- Thornapple Brewing Co., 6262 28th St SE, Grand Rapids